Thursday, February 27, 2014

Software Applications


 
 
Software applications. They come in all different types. There is word processing software, desktop publishing software, spreadsheet software, database software, presentation software, internet browsers, email programs, graphics programs, and too many more to name. When I become a teacher, I am going to have the opportunity to take advantage of and use software applications that best suit my teaching practices. I can see myself using many types of word processing software, such as Microsoft Word and WordPerfect. I think I will also use many types of presentation software. Some of my favorites are Prezi, Emaze, and MS PowerPoint. Another type of software application I will most likely use regularly in my teaching practice is Internet browsers. Using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, my students will have access to online homework assignments or online games that go along with the lesson. I’m sure throughout my teaching I will use even more types of software applications.

 

Students are all different and each of them learn in different ways. Therefore, some types of software applications may be suitable for some learners, but other students may have difficulties. To increase my ability to reach a variety of learners, I would like to improve my graphics programs software skills. Out of all the types of software applications, this is probably one of my weakest forms. Some students learn through pictures or drawings. If I could give them a chance to use these types of software, I can increase the likelihood of their learning. Also, I would really like to improve my graphics skills overall because editing and publishing pictures and that of the like is pretty neat.
 



To improve my graphics programs skills, there are many steps I could take. I could download a picture editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop, and work on editing pictures for a lesson in class. I could also become more familiar with using drawing or painting programs on the computer so that I could show my students another way to learn. In the end, the best way for me to improve my graphics programs software skills is to practice. After getting the hang of it, I will be able to turn around and teach through it to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment